WORLDCON AND BEYOND
The following is the finalized schedule of my appearances at LONCON 3, the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention.
All times and locations are taken from Loncon 3’s online programme guide. Please be advised that changes sometimes take place, and you should consult the printed programme guide as well as any electronic updates made by the con on the days of the con itself.
THURSDAY, 14 AUGUST
6:00 PM - Literary Beer
The Bar (Level 0)
FRIDAY, 15 AUGUST
12:00 PM - Signing
Boulevard Signing Space
7:00 PM - Panel
“The Problem With Making a Living Writing: Have We Become too Niche?”
Capital Suite 4 (Level 3)
SATURDAY, 16 AUGUST
1:30 PM - Panel
“Where Have All the Clerics Gone?”
Capital Suite 8+11 (Level 3)
6:00 PM - Panel
“Travel in Fantasy”
Capital Suite 3 (Level 3)
7:00 PM - Panel
“Imagining the City”
Capital Suite 7+12 (Level 3)
SUNDAY, 17 AUGUST
12:00 PM - Reading
London Suite 1 (Level 0)
4:30 PM - Tiptree Auction
Exhibits Hall Flexible Space (Level 1)
(I will be helping Elizabeth Bear auction items to fund the Tiptree Award. We’re a double-act trying to fill the shoes of Ellen Klages.)
1. I will generally sign anything for anyone, provided I am in a convenient spot to do so, am not eating, am not rushing to another appointment, etc. If you have more than one item for me to sign, please make it easy on all of us and try to make my formal signing, or at least a scheduled event where I’ll be present.
2. I am happy to be hugged if that’s your thing. I also shake hands. I rarely utilize this to initiate an Attack of Opportunity with a +2 circumstance bonus to my attack roll. Rarely.
3. I don’t have anything about my new book to say at the moment besides “I’m working on it.” I said nearly everything I can say about my last book last year. So I would prefer not to be asked to do any interviews at the con itself. Let me rest a bit. I’ll be much more interesting in a few months.
4. George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.
5. Drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you enjoy. Your mornings will be much easier.
Then, after Worldcon has swept over us and past us, don’t forget:
MONDAY, 18 AUGUST: FORBIDDEN PLANET
I will be at the Forbidden Planet London Megastore at 6:00 PM, signing and blathering. This will be my ABSOLUTE FINAL signing in the UK until my next book is handed in, so you won’t see me again until 2015.